I hope you read yesterday's post. If not, do it now. I'll wait.
My friend and fellow blogger Rachel passed on an award, which she explained on her blog, www.rachelintheoc.com. This requires me to answer these ten questions, provided by Rachel:
1) What movie will you not turn off whenever it comes on?
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Wait, wait- don't leave quite yet. James Garner, in this film at least, reminds me of my father.
2) How old were you when you got (or gave) your first kiss?
Since I can't recall my exact age (nor can I recall the circumstances), I'm just gonna say that I was in elementary school. Also, I'm fairly certain the recipient of my first kiss was this guy. But don't quote me on that.
3) What movie star is your dream date?
I can't come up with a satisfying answer to this question. Paul Rudd? Ooh, Josh Lucas. (Sweet Home Alabama, anyone?) I'm open to suggestions...
4) What food will you absolutely not eat under any circumstances (and why)?
Foie gras. I disagree with the practices behind the production of this so-called delicacy.
5) How many hours of TV do you watch each week?
The invention of DVR/TiVo has made this question unanswerable for me. Why? Because DVR enables me to watch more TV, more efficiently.
6) Do you get your five servings of fruits and vegetables every day?
No, which is a shame since I am a pescatarian. But I try.
7) What is the first rule of Fight Club?
I can't talk about it.
8) Did you really like the Dennis Hopper (RIP, dude) movie "Blue Velvet?"
I can't talk about that either (mostly because I haven't seen it.)
9) Do you read the last page of a book to see how it ends?
No, because while I am a pessimist, I am not Harry Burns. Also, when I am not enjoying a book, I stop reading it. Life is too short to read all of the books I want to read.
10) What is Joey from "Friends" signature phrase? Bonus: What is the name of their coffee shop?
"How you doin'?"
Could this question BE any easier? ;)
Now, the only rules that go along with this "award," are that I "pay it forward" by selecting some blogs that I enjoy and giving them ten questions of my own. Here are my selections:
Single Blonde in the City - This chick is one of my best Austin gal pals. She's saucy, surprisingly insightful, and she always knows where the fun is. She especially knows how to write about it.
One Cat Away From Crazy - Another Austin gal, I've known LT since high school. She blogs about her outfits and her crazy pets - well worth your internet bookmark!
Pardon My Dust - I met Erin my first year of graduate school at the University of Texas at Austin. Almost seven years and two marriages later (one for each of us), we each have stories to tell. Visit her blog and read her story.
Lisa Adams - One of my favorite tweeps, Lisa is an inspiration. She's witty. She's encouraging. She's dependable. And that's what we're all looking for, really- inspirational, witty, encouraging dependability.
Colleen Conrad - My first true friend in Austin, Colleen is an exceptional teacher with a hippie bent. She is also a writer and her blog is a testament to the tension inherent in this dual calling.
And finally, here are my ten questions for you five superstar bloggers:
1. Would you rather give up wine or cheese for the rest of your life?
2. Do you believe in soulmates? Why or why not?
3. Where is your favorite place?
4. Recommend one book for me (and my readers). Tell us why we should read it.
5. If you had to choose one singer/band to listen to for the rest of your life, who would it be?
6. What is your favorite walk?
7. Describe your favorite smell.
8. Name your five favorite TV shows.
9. Word association: When I say "fortune cookie," what comes to mind?
10. Cat or dog?